Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Fast Forward from Fall to Spring

I intended to keep this blog going over the winter, but my camera went missing.  After months of fruitless searching, I decided it was gone for good and bought a new camera.  It's the same brand and model name as my old camera, but the new camera is not the same as the old camera.  I liked my old camera better, but I'm adjusting to the new one.  Here are a few shots taken in March before spring shifted into gear:

This is the circular (sort of) driveway.

A view up the hill -- one of  my favorite spots on a hot summer day.

That's my container garden in the foreground.  The background shows what an unexpected 2 feet of snow can do to a metal frame carport.  I now call it the Kneeling Carport.  I used it for storage; guess I still do since there hasn't been time to remove things from it.  We stretched a new tarp over the top of it last fall and hoped winter would be mild. 

And here's a view of the northwest corner of the property.  See those hills in the far distance?  Winter is the only time of the year I get a view of those hills.  That's a neighbor's house in the center right -- not mine.  Here's my house:
It's a bit like Ma and Pa Kettle's place without the chickens and pigs!

This is what 6 weeks of sunshine and rain can do:

 The driveway. That's where my mail carrier leaves packages -- gives a new meaning to "drop ship."

 The garden: still a mess, but my blueberry bushes (in the green planters) are loaded!

 The southeast corner of the hill.

And a view due west.  The blackberry bushes have already obscured the view beyond.
I forgot to snap a view of the house, but it basically looks the same -- just has taller blackberry bushes.  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment